Over 70 years ago, and at the forefront of bringing electricity to rural Missouri, Grandfather Frank Glendenning left the Empire District Electric Company to break out on his own. He set up shop in an old log cabin in Bolivar, Missouri.
In about 1946, Frank moved to the Ozark Hotel Building on North Main Street and took on the name Polk County Electrical Company for the first time. In 1969, son Jack (our father) and his brother took over and moved the business to the east side of the square. They expanded and relocated to our current address at 116 S. Market Street in 1975.
In 1997, Jack Glendenning turned over ownership and operation of what is now known as Polk County Electric, Inc., to son, David, daughter, Dana, and long-time business associate, Jim Faulkner. But don’t worry, you can still visit with Jack at the shop as he opens and closes each day - including Saturday.
Below is the latest Polk County Habitat for Humanity house. We have been helping with this organization since the local Habitat for Humanity Chapter formed by donating labor and/or material for the house electrical needs.